1. I am going for tea with a really funny, extraordinarily handsome gentleman on Sunday. I don't know if it's platonic or date-y, but he invited me to see him do improv last weekend and comp'd my ticket, so....I still have no idea. Regardless, I am very much looking forward to it and plan on looking super cute.
2. I reviewed a tape of one of my therapy sessions with a supervisor today and had this thought for the VERY FIRST TIME: "Oh my god. I actually kind of know what I'm doing." Her feedback was roundly positive with possible exception to this gem: "Don't assume they'll all go that well." Fair enough though. Not all clients are as open to or engaged in the type of therapy I'm doing. OVERALL IT FELT GREAT.
3. Halfway through my day at the outpatient mental health clinic I realized there was a hole in the crotch of my pants. Very professional.
4. My ambivalence about quitting smoking is starting to tilt towards "QUIT" as the weather gets colder. I still like it (a lot!) but know I have to kick it sooner rather than later. Any tips from ex-smokers out there?
5. I love groupthink. That's not so much about this week as it is my experiences here over the last few months. I'm not able to participate as frequently as I'd like due to the demands of grad school/practicum, but OH MY GOD is it ever a nice way to take a break and enjoy the thoughts and experiences of interesting, articulate, engaging people. ETA: I really appreciated the feedback/support on my last post. You guys are all kinds of wonderful.
That's it, that's all, folks. I am going to finish this beer and spend another twenty minutes dicking around on the internet before finishing a painfully boring adult development case study that's due tomorrow. WHEEEE.
ETA 2: I realize this is totally self-indulgent and promise to have something more universally interesting next time. ;)