So now that I’m out of the house 12–13 hours a day, 5 days a week, I’m having a hell of a time feeding myself. Most nights I’m way too tired to cook and eat dinner or do more than grab a can of soup or make a sandwich for lunch the next day (and hell, sometimes even a sandwich is too much). Plus I want to spend my precious few hours at home and awake with my poor, lonely, neglected puppies.
So I desperately need some good recipes that I can make a lot of on the weekends and then work my way through the next week. Can anyone help, either with websites that have a good selection of recipes that largely meet my criteria, or with individual recipes?
What I need, in descending order of importance:
- Relatively cheap ingredients that can be found pretty easily in a standard grocery store
- Can be made in large batches and reheated
- Easy/not too time-intensive
- Decent amount of protein and not a lot of added sugar/refined carbs (though some is fine, as long as there’s protein to balance it out)
- Vegetarian or vegan would be fabulous, but isn’t necessary
And a few don’ts:
- I don’t have a slow cooker, a rice cooker, or a food processor
- Some dairy/cheese is great, but my stomach doesn’t generally do well with anything primarily dairy-based
- I hate dill (and pickles!), and I’m not fond of coconut milk in anything savory
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!