I'd written a long detailed post about this, but my tablet broke right as I was about to hit send, so this is the short version.
- I have a nerdy friend
- He's about to become a dad
- Wants to give his action figures to future child.
- People keep asking "but what if it's a girl?"
- Fuck them
- He's now worried about it. Just wants to do the right thing for his kid.
- I told him not to worry. Girls don't get fucked up just playing with boys toys.
- Patriarchy sucks.
- Nerdy little girls are awesome
- Need resources to show him to set his mind at ease
- Blogs by nerdy dads etc
- +1 internet point to those who help me.
- Fuck technology
- Fuck dickheads
- Fuck partiarchy
- Sorry about the bullet points.
ETA: I've tagged this observation deck now because I think that there might be a few voices from over there who can help too.