Last week, had a second date with a guy. Drinks, light dinner, back at my place for sexy cookie-making, and sex. All around, fun times had by all, but the sex was definitely him-focused. But fun guy to spend time with, so I was looking forward to the next date.
Waiting for guy to ask me out for a proper 3rd date, especially after sexy times. Jokingly called him out by mid-week, asking him when he was going to make a move and ask me out. Said it would happen soon.
So last night, at like 5:30pm, he texts, asking if I wanted to go to the movies. And then “to your place after”.
Um, sure. Give me details (where, when, what, should I eat first, etc.), and don’t expect sex because I’m on my period and I just don’t feel like it.
Check back in, asking if we’re still on.
Ok, great...again, give me some details.
Him: Let’s watch a movie at your place.
Um...ok? Now you’re inviting yourself to my place? Fine, whatever, but I don’t want to watch anything I own, so I ask him to swing by Redbox and pick up something.
Him: I never see anything good.
Me: What do you mean?
Him: I never see any good movies at Redbox.
Me: Go on your computer and check to see if there’s anything good.
I mean, I check out redbox occasionally, and there are always at least 3 movies that I would watch but don’t because the desire isn’t great enough, but I could grab something for a date. A simple, 5 minute task, right?
3.5 hours later, he texts: “No luck!”
Ok, fuck you. Let me list the ways that in which you pissed me off, and I won’t be returning any of your future texts should you bother:
1) Last minute text implies that I was a last-minute thought. I like planning dates, and hate last-minute shit. I want to be important enough to make plans for, not just a “oh, well I wasn’t doing anything better option”
2) You offered to go to the actual movies, and then back-tracked the moment I said no sex.
3) You invited yourself to my place. Like, wtf? That’s relationship-level shit, right there. Also, if you thought that you were going to come over and get some while I got nothing, then you were incredibly wrong.
4) You fucking whined like a child when I asked you to put in the slightest bit of effort for this “date”.
5) You blew me off. Sex was off the table, and you changed your mind.