Yesterday, I was having a wee freakout about entertaining two possible job offers.

I took the excellent advice of fellow GTer's and spoke to Job #1 to get more information and request an extension on signing the offer of employment. They were great about it, indicating that they were willing to negotiate wage and vacation time to make the decision easier for me. I asked for a week, and they seemed pretty comfortable with that.

About an hour later, I get an email that they're withdrawing the offer of employment to continue their search for candidates, and to let them know if or when I am still interested in being considered for the position.

It makes sense, that they would return to the head hunt in case I say no. But it's still terrifying. Did I just walk away from a job for the possibility of another? Or are they just playing the game? Likely, they're just being smart and covering their asses. It's the first time I've been in a position to negotiate, so I'm a little thrown.

Either way, it was good to get more info, and hopefully I'll know more at today's interview about Job #2. Thanks to everyone who dropped in with their advice and support, it was so helpful (and reassuring).