You might think that a fairly straightforward term, no?
Nope. Not here. Be warned. "Come out for brunch" as imagined by NYC Groupthinkers may very well consist of the following:
- a 10-hour marathon pub-crawl that entails you getting home at 1 am and worrying your significant other
- an esteemed internet personality bestowing upon you the fabled Pretzels of Redemption
- several gallons of beer, wine, mojitos, sangria and margaritas
- terrified phone calls to large banks
- visits from internet celebrities
- hiccups that won't stop
- eggs benedict, salmon crepes, fried calamari, duck sausage, guacamole & chips, fritters, enchiladas
- speculation about internet dramz
- switching from Spanish breakfasts to Irish lunches to Mexican dinners
Don't say you weren't warned, Groupthink.