What was your worst cooking disaster?
Here is mine. (Apologies to those that just read this in a comment - but I still want to hear your stories)
I was in the backyard grilling the chicken. The grill has a little half wall behind it. When you open the lid it rests against the top of the wall. There is an outlet not too far from the grill. The kids had plugged in the cord for a camcorder and draped it over the wall which I did not notice. I opened the grill lid and it rested against the cord and melted through the rubber. Then I went to flip the chicken with a metal grilling spatula. ZAP!!!!
I'm not sure if it was the chicken or the children that had it in for me. ;)
So next I decided to make nachos under the broiler in the oven.
I assembled everything on a platter and put them in the oven under the broiler. Then I promptly forgot about them. I think I was a little out of it from the zap of 110. Good thing the smoke detector had good batteries.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP as smoke starts to fill the kitchen.
We still joke about the night we had electric chicken and nachos flambé for dinner.