As I’ve said previously, I’m a meal planner, mostly because 1. I love cooking and 2. It’s a great way to procrastinate but still feel like I’m doing something useful.
Anyway, what does everyone else have going on this week? It’s Spring Break, and my kids were supposed to be with their dad the whole time, so the theme was “Shit the kids won’t eat.” He ran low on leave, though, so can only take them for part of the break. I guess they get to be re-introduced to Indian (they always swear they’ve never tried it BUT THEY HAVE)!
On the schedule I have:
- American French onion soup (mildly concerned that it’s going to be too warm to properly enjoy this)
- Coq au vin (we’ve made this before, and it’s worth the time, trust me)
- Jambalaya (recipe from some cookbook that Mr. Cunning lost, but found pictures of somewhere on the internet)
- Tikka masala (the one meal I’m inflicting on the children)
- Nashville Hot Chicken (pray for me, y’all)
What are you making?