...I'll take that, too, because SmallBeaver is officially being bullied again - this time, at her once-perfect refuge: dance. Here is a list of what has happened:
- Kids calling her a baby and telling her she sucks at dance because they have grouped her by ability rather than age (she is accelerated)
- Kids calling her a liar because they discovered she is X* grades ahead in Math after hectoring her for that exact detail of her homeschooling
- Her bag emptied and left in the middle of the change room, day after day after day - bodysuits, bun pins, hair nets, dance shoes everywhere
- Her ballet and character shoes stolen (and probably disposed of)
- Her Math Scribbler stolen (and probably disposed of)
- Her prescription glasses stolen out of her bag (and probably disposed of - the final straw and definitive proof that none of this is accidental - I personally took them off her face, put them in there after she left for class, and they were not there when I picked her up, two classes later.)
The studio is being great - the Director of the Intensive program labelled it jealousy (which I would never have thought of - apparently she is TOP of the year! I'm giving myself permission to be excited about that today because a) I had no idea and b) I need some good news - so really I'm only ranting because WHYYYYYYYYYY CHILDREN, WHYYYYYYYYYYYY CAN'T YOU LEAVE HER ALONE SHE JUST LIKES TO DANCE?
*It's a lot - I only omit the specific number because it's A LOT, A LOT and that generally makes people uncomfortable. Not trying to vague post.