Sometimes I feel depressed about the little I have seemingly accomplished this year in terms of advancing my career or saving money. And yet one year ago I was in such a bad place. On New Years Eve of last year, I thought to myself, this year is going to be different. And it has been. So when I get down on myself, I try to remind myself of the things I actually have accomplished this year:
- Escaped my abusive tormentor once and for all. Totally cut off all contact with him.
- Begun to heal from him, and also from the rest of my past. Started to become a healthy and happy person.
- Made a lot of new friends, strengthened relationships with old ones. Learned how to be a better friend.
- Met the man I’m going to marry. Fell in love and started a life with him.
- Made a lot of good memories.
- Grew the most successful garden I’ve had to date.
- Taught myself how to can.
- Went from a decent cook to a fucking badass cook.
- Am getting in better shape and starting to overcome my fear of anything athletic. Also teaching GreenHunk to dance.
- Traveled overseas.
- Started the GT Emergency Fund!
- Learned a lot about history and sociology.
- Became invested in creating social change. (Thanks GT!)
- Volunteered. Added to my resume.
- Took on new responsibilities at work.
- Maybe figured out what direction I want to go long-term with my career.
So what about you guys? What have you accomplished this year?