My mom shared this recipe with me tonight.
I'm alone, I'm overworked and I'm hungry, so bacon pasta seemed like just the thing.
I love me some mise en place, so I cut up all the ingredients for your viewing pleasure.
It's very simple and very delicious.
All you need is:
8 strips of bacon
2 ears of sweet corn
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp. dried or 1 tbsp. fresh basil
Pinch of crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper
Optional: Parmesan cheese
And then you:
- Chop your bacon, cut the corn off the cob, and mince the shallot.
- Give the garlic clove and little crush.
- Boil your water in the meantime.
- Add the bacon and garlic to the pan and stir frequently.
- Cook until almost crispy.
- Add your pasta to the pot and cook.
- Add the shallot, corn, crushed red pepper, and basil to the pan.
- Also sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked al dente, add to the pan.
Voila! Delicious bacon, corn pasta goodness!
If you need more oil, which I didn't, add a little olive oil.