I was finally able to justify buying some of my favorites. Generally they run out and I'm like "meh" and pick something up at the drug store because I don't want to spend the money. But, I most definitely have my go-tos. Firmest with my makeup, less so with my face and hair products (which I kind of need help with).
What are yours? Anything make a dramatic difference for you? Any recommendations or must haves?? These are mine:
- About 12 years ago (OMG TIME FLIES) I was living in London and visited Harrods, where a lovely but forward man working at the YSL counter told me I had to do something about the circles under my eyes. I've used Clarins Beauty Balm and Touché Eclat ever since.
- Laura Mercier for all base/concealer/powder. I use the tinted moisturizer because I don't like anything heavy on my face.
- Benefit Benetint. In my opinion this is a must for everyone. And it smells nice.
- Eyelash curler. Must for me, I would say curling my eyelashes, doing something to my brows and blush are my top three essentials. I used to use the Shu Uemura but since they've stopped selling to some (all?) US retailers I swapped to Japonesque.
- I JUST got the Anastasia brow wiz and I am super excited to use it.
- I use Great Lash for mascara, I haven't seen a significant difference in more expensive brands although I am open if anyone has recommendations...
- I use NARS for powder blush, bronzer and creme highlighter. I also use their eyeshadows. I have quite a few MAC eyeshadow pots as well.
- Kiehl's lip balm no. 1 is the shit. I don't generally use color on my lips. If I do, I have a stick of Black Honey from Clinique.
I've been using Dermalogica forever and I am feeling like I maybe need a change. Like I have aged out of it now. I can't even describe what is wrong with my skin—pores are too large, it's dull, I guess those are the big issues. I don't really get breakouts but when I did I loved Mario Badescu's drying lotion. I am kind of intrigued by this SK-II line because of Cate Blanchett. I need help in this area.
- The only shampoo and conditioner I've used with any consistency is Terax latte and crema. But I haven't gotten it in years. I just buy drugstore brands now.
- I use Sedu for my dryer and straightening iron. I use cheapo curling irons from the drugstore.
- I generally hate product in my hair. The one I've used the must is Bumble and Bumble's beach spray.
- Hair brushes...drugstore.
This is another area where I could use some inspiration.
- Neutrogena sesame body oil. I am in love with this stuff. Goes on while still damp from shower/bath.
- L'Occitane shea butter hand lotion.
- Mr Bubble bubble bath. Seriously the best bubbles ever.
Okay hit me with yours, I want some new recommendations!