Honestly, I'm just waiting for the point in this summer where I finally get to stop buying things. List of things I've bought recently:
- Wedding Presents I still am owed money for. Because I am the responsible one and because I am going halfsies (quarter-sies?) on a gift with two former frat dudes and one of their girlfriends who works full time, it was me who had the task of deciding on the gift/s, shutting down bad ideas from the guys who know nothing about wedding etiquette, and running all over town ensuring we will have all the gifts. Now they all owe me $35.
- Work Clothes. Now that I finally have a part-time job (yay!) in addition to being a student, I've had to add a few pieces to my summer wardrobe since I can't wear shorts, jeans, or too-short skirts to my job at a fancy southern boutique. Even if they're Lilly Pulitzer shorts or the much-hated Nantucket Red 'Salmon' shorts which I very much love from the little boy's section at J Crew. After my purchases on Etsy today, I should hopefully (hopefully) be done buying work clothes and can focus on making money instead of spending it.
- Alcohol for friends, as a college student with not-yet-legal friends is wont to do, leading to a lot of alcohol purchases for someone who is currently taking a sober period in their life Of course I don't purchase alcohol for minors.
- Ballet gear and lessons so that I can do exercise and be happy. Because according to Elle Woods, exercise produces endorphins, and endorphins make you happy, and happy people don't shoot their husbands which is kind of where I want to be with my life right now.
- I'm currently in the process of trying to buy a ukulele so that I can have a hobby to improve at and feel good about myself
- A crap ton of painting supplies because I want to repaint this dresser I got for free which turned out to be quite the behemoth and much larger than I expected, as it is about as tall as I am, heavy as fuck, and made of the toughest laminate I have ever experienced, thus requiring large amounts of special paint which I hope won't chip off.
And that's about it so far, I think. I hope that after this month I won't have much of anything I need to buy, at least until the next wedding. At least that couple is more off-beat and will care less about wedding etiquette than the couple for the wedding next week.
So is anyone else tired of spending money? Is anyone else foray-ing into being adult ballerinas? Does anyone have good, cheap ukulele suggestions (I'm looking for a concert, and am pretty musical so I will notice buzzing/out-of-place frets leading to bad chords)?
And can anyone else see my sarcastic strike-through, or am I terrible at HTML? I can see it in edit, but not in the post.