On a whim, I picked up a piece of pork belly that was in the freezer at our local butchers. We had planned to cook it on the weekend, but Mr I got sick, so we decided to cook it today.
He slow cooked it using this recipe:
Anyways, I came home from work and found the front door wide open. I rushed in to find out what was going on, and apparently the pork belly spontaneously combusted on him. I had been using the broiler on the weekend, and left the oven rack high. Apparently the top burner came on, and things got a little too hot on the top of the roast.
Mr I saw it light up, pulled it out, and literally blew it out.
The crackling is ruined, but the meat underneath is salvageable. And rather tasty, I might add.