So I was cooking pasta and got a whiff of burning. I dashed into the kitchen and THIS guy, Milo,

was snuggled up to the burner. I grabbed him up, checked for flames, dumped him in the sink and ran water over him. Six inches of charred fur on his tail. Fortunately, he’s a medium hair with a very floofy tail, so the burned area is nowhere his skin.


Now the house stinks of burnt fur, and he’s trailing ash wherever he goes.

From now on, he gets locked in another room while the stove is on. Sheesh.