I am sharing Cowboys-4-Christ's recipe with you all so that you may know the True Meaning of Easter:
~ RESURRECTION ROLLS
Recipe and Instructions for Easter Rolls that tell the true meaning of Easter
which is the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
This is an inspiring family project that can be done on Easter Morning.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Give each child one triangle of crescent rolls.
Explain that he crescent roll represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in.
Read Matthew 27: 57-61
1. Give each child a marshmallow.
This represents Jesus.
2. Have him/her dip the marshmallow in melted butter.
This represents the oils of embalming.
3. Now dip the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon and sugar.
This represents the spices used to anoint the body.
4. Then wrap up the coated marshmallow tightly in the crescent roll (not like a typical crescent roll up, but bring the sides up and seal the marshmallow inside.)
This represents the wrapping of Jesus' body after death.
5. Place all in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
The oven represents the tomb—while you are waiting for the rolls to bake, read Matthew 27:62-66.
6. Remove rolls from oven and let them cool slightly.
Now the children can then open their rolls (cloths) and discover that Jesus is no longer there! HE IS RISEN!!!!
(The marshmallow melts and the crescent roll is puffed up, but empty.)
~ Now read Matthew 28:1-10
Enjoy your warm rolls as you rejoice at the good news of Easter!
And then go and tell someone else the good news today! ~ C4C
I think more religious evangelism should include the phrase "dip the marshmallow in butter". Hot damn, I want to be saved!