Back in 2012 a woman drove drunk down I-70 and ended up killing another driver. This is a sad, yet not uncommon story.
What makes this story different is the driver was raped.
Key points in the case:
- The trooper that collected her blood had it 59 hours without refrigeration.
- There was more than enough time for the drug to leave her system.
- The judge in her case ruled to suppress evidence that she might have been given a drug.
- Rape kit showed evidence of forcible rape
- Originally judge hadn't allowed topic of rape to even come up during trial.
Here is a link to the original article. It is sad and depressing and I have no idea if she will get off or not.
Don't worry, a number of people are already claiming she is crying rape so she can get out of this.