Last month I made these cookies on a whim to take to a party and everyone loved them, so I decided to make some again tonight.
Toffee, Apple and Oat Crunchies
10 tsp unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg, beaten
2/3 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 1/2 c of rolled oats
1/2 c golden raisins
2 oz dried apples coarsely chopped
2 oz chewy toffees
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl beat together butter and both sugars until creamy. Add beaten egg and stir well until thoroughly combined.
3) Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter, sugar and egg mixture and mix well.
4) Finally add the oats, raisins, chopped apple rings and toffee pieces and stir gently until just combined.
5) Use a small ice cream scoop or large tablespoon, place heaps of the mixture well apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly set in the centre and just beginning to brown at the edges.
6) Remove from the oven and leave to cool on baking sheets for a few minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.