Friday seems to be the day.
A couple of weeks ago, I found that a combination of Sudafed and coffee makes me REALLY motivated to clean the house. That's cheaper and more legal than the drugs I used to take, so it's a win all around.
I've found that I like to clean stuff on Friday. It's the one day out of the week where I have no other obligations (aside from keeping everyone alive, etc), so that helps me do more long-term projects like sweep and mop the 43 acres of hardwood flooring that we thought would be SO MUCH BETTER than the gross carpet that used to be in here.
(It is, and it isn't)
Friday cleaning is nice - it means I have a nice clean house for the weekend and can spend that time doing other stuff!
1. Sweep up the 14 pounds of dog hair.
2. Laundry!! Goal: wash, dry, fold, and PUT AWAY all laundry. Yea, though it be lofty, 'tis a good goal to have.
3. Wipe down bathroom surfaces (they were scrubbed last week).
4. Think really hard about emptying pantry and re-organizing it.
5. Think even harder about emptying Giant Closet of Mystery and Wonder and re-organizing THAT.
(This is about where I will finish the pot of coffee and my ambition will run out)
A little desqualoring at a time can make a big difference!