I know you’ve all been asking yourselves ‘Self, what are Dweeze’s Top 15 Christmas Songs?’ Well, not wanting to leave you all unanswered, I decided to let you know. That’s the sort of guy I am.
EDITED: To add Tom Waits, because I am foolish.
Honorable Mention - Christmastime In Hell – Mr. Hankey’s Christmas Album
15. Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses
14. Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis – Neko Case (I know, it’s a Tom Waits song. Sorry Whiskey.
AND OF COURSE, THE ORIGINAL
13. Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You – Billy Squier
12. You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Aimee Mann
11. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
10. Peace On Earth / Little Drummer Boy – Jack Black and Jason Siegel
9. Father Christmas – The Kinks
8. River – Indigo Girls
7. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – The Pretenders
6. Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day – Traditional
5. The Christians and The Pagans – Dar Williams
4. The Rebel Jesus – Jackson Browne
3. Fairytale of New York – Kirsty MacColl and the Pogues
2. Merry Christmas From The Family – Robert Earl Keen (This video has a great visual gag)
1. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Darlene Love