1. I am in a 3-day Facebook time-out. Because apparently rape threats are A-OK over there but me telling that person to set themselves on fire goes against the community standards. Just so we know where we all stand, Zuck.
2. I bought some of that Overtone color conditioner nonsense to try on WeePiglet, who is in the middle of growing out the MASSIVE DAMAGE that was done to her head when we had the Purple Apocalypse and Subequent Rage-Fueled Repair last June. Long story short: spent $300 dyeing WP’s hair magenta. .It alllllll washed out THE NEXT DAY. Stylist tried to “explain” to me how to take care of colored hair like I wasn’t an old punk rocker who has had hair of EVERY shade at some point over the past 30 years. I threw a fit, the owner of the salon fixed WP’s hair and we were all happy. Me, especially, because whatever he did to fix it... he made DAMN SURE it wasn’t washing out, ever. Fully six months later it was still bright magenta! Now, however, it’s well faded and we cut half of it off, but Overtone Extreme Teal is picking up the slack.
3. Spring is about to spring up in here and I’m glad.
4. I had a reaction to my allergy shots on Monday, which ended up being a most hilarious day. Their phone number wasn’t connecting when I tried to call so I drove back over there (a 10-min drive) with an exploding face and wheezing and they’re like “Oh shit, sorry. Here’s a shot of adrenaline and some Benadryl and let’s strap the nebulizer on you and please sit here for an hour and don’t die, mkay?” I mean, I was *fine* I was just *uncomfortable* and that was the first time in 5 years I’d had a reaction. I had THE JITTERS for the rest of the day, which is unusual for me, even though I drink literal quarts of full-strength coffee each and every day. FUN!
4a. I am now the proud owner of 2 Epi-Pens, which is not a thing I thought I would ever need to have. I’m allergic to pollen and dust and mold and cats/dogs (all of which I have in abundance at my house) but it’s not so bad that I’ll go into anaphylaxis or whatever. I normally just sneeze and get snot on things. But I have Epi-Pens now, and am considering selling them on the black market because my insurance only made me pay $20 for the 2-pack. AMERICAN HEALTHCARE, Y’ALL.
5. We are headed to Italy in a couple of weeks and I am woefully unprepared. I don’t know much Italian AT ALL but I’m sure we’ll figure it out. I can say vino and gelato with a pretty decent accent so I’m all set there.
6. My ex-boss is running for public office and I’m super-excited about it. He’s a really good guy and stands for a lot of the things I believe in. I don’t live in his district, alas, but will serve in an unofficial advisory capacity. He asked me because he knows I am not into sugar-coating things and I have strong opinions. Good times.
7. I signed up for Stitch Fix and so far have loved 9 of the 10 pieces they sent me. I should have done it way sooner but I procrastinate. I need to go through my closet and get rid of all the things I am never ever ever gonna wear. Maybe I should have a garage sale.
What’s going on with everyone else?