Yesterday, my boss asked me about some code I’d written for a tool we wanted to put on the website. I said I’d look into what was on our staging server (the final preview before it goes live), found that the code was broken, and said I’d look into it in the morning because it was about 10 minutes before the end of my day.

I got to work an hour and a half ago. Looked into my code, concluded it was hopelessly broken, began to search for other ways to recreate the effect. Told my boss that I’d need to start over again from scratch. Began playing around to see what was wrong.

I think I just fixed it by adding four goddamn character to a div class.

On the one hand, I’m glad I don’t have to completely rewrite this code. On the other hand, HNNGARGHFAHJKFDLJAFKDLFJAKL