Is it the end of the world? I feel like it’s the end of the world. I didn’t want to hijack the relatively pleasant Evening OT with my doomsday feelings but:
- Wildfires. Also, my cousin who gave birth at 29 weeks today outside of Los Angeles after she and her toddler and husband had to evacuate their home because of fires and now the baby is to be in the NICU for at least 8 weeks and OH they both have to be helicopter evacuated out to another hospital tomorrow.
- Hurricane Harvey. My great aunt and uncle lost everything. I’m not close to them but am so sad for their losses - they are in their late 70s and not wealthy.
- Hurricane Irma (which is EITHER going to hit me or my parents, more likely my parents). Some moron I didn’t realize is my FB friend still has been posting about how it is a liberal hoax. She lives in Florida and is interested in an event called “shoot at Hurricane Irma.”
- Tropical Storm Jose, which who knows at this point what it’s going to do but literally no one, I guess except fucking the mid-Gulf Coast so me, can handle a hurricane after Irma comes through.
- DACA - this doesn’t directly affect me and it’s not like it was a surprise, but I am so consistently disappointed in the fact that my faith in humanity is STILL being shaken. Like, haven’t I learned? I heard on Pod Save America they were quoting someone who said something like “Trump always shoots the hostage.” He does.
- North Korea. I mean, if we all don’t die from nuclear bombs and fall-outs, a trade war is about to set in if Trump doesn’t shut his goddamn fucking mouth. Which, why would he shut his fucking goddamn bullshithole?
Treat this as an OT for freakouts or a “let’s tell HML everything is fine” time or whatever. I wish I had weed right now (I’m not even a habitual user, just to get the occasional full night’s sleep).
Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <—noise I just made