I've been doing freelance graphic design for a year and a half, and it's been good BUT:
- I have to pay a shitload of income taxes
- Work has been a lot slower in the past 2 months, meaning I can barely make rent.
So, I have a few options laid in front of me:
1. Get a real job in my field (which won't be easy, as I live in a small town)
2. Get a temp job (waitressing, folding t-shirts) to get out of the hole (not so easy, but not impossible)
3. Keep freelancing and stop eating (yay weight loss)
4. Sell everything and move to France.
Realistically, I'd like to have more contracts, make more money and stop worrying about rent. Suggestions? How do you deal with slower months? I could really use some freelance success stories, puppies and/or Cumberbatch gif.