It’s Friday night and I need to remove some of the steam from my brain. Here is some Rammstein:www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz66xYVtST0
- It’s after 11 pm. Baby girl usually falls asleep pretty easily around 10. Tonight, PhMom is sewing in her craft room, so I’ve been managing her on my own while listening to the Rangers. She absolutely did not want to go to sleep. She’s been in her crib for about 15 minutes, and she’s been expressing her discontent. I think she might have finally gotten quiet.
- Speaking of the Rangers, man they’ve got a brutal schedule. With the exception of a two-game series (two-game serieses suck and are pointless) against the D-backs, they’ve got nothing but division opponents for about the first month of the season. This means they’ll probably be going into mid-May with either a commanding lead of their division or absolutely buried in shit. Honestly, I would prefer the latter: I have greater faith in My Beloved Texas Rangers digging themselves out of a hole than holding on to a commanding lead. Of course, it’s also possible (or likely) that the West Division teams will beat each other up and we’ll be starting June in a virtual tie.
- Today should have been a productive day. No classes today, so I had the morning free to do schoolwork. I took the laptop upstairs so that I didn’t have to worry about constant distractions from the kids. However, I didn’t count on the unplanned bonus feature of my laptop: that it overheats and shuts down randomly. I’d really like to get a new one.
- On the other hand, I did get a lot of laundry put away.
- Ten games in, the Rangers have a 4-6 record. Not much to be proud of, but not so bad considering their starting rotation is 1. Derek Holland’s Mustache 2. Colby Lewis 3. [TBA] 4. Lolby Cewis (absolutely not Colby Lewis wearing a false mustache) and 5. A videoclip of Nolan Ryan beating the crap out of that guy.
- Lately my middle son’s favorite book is “Shoe-La-La,” a decidedly pink book about four little girls (Emily, Ashley, Caitlin, and Claire) who just love [SPOILER ALERT] shoes. On the one hand, I’m glad to see him resisting gender conformity. On the other hand, seriously? Shoes? Is this the age at which we need to start kids on shoe-obsessions?
- I have some beans soaking for 15 bean soup that I’m making tomorrow. It’s a good way to use up the Easter ham bone. I have a good insane rant working on 15 bean soup, but it deserves its own post, and perhaps an unexplained list.