OMG you guys! I was just reading a book on my PC in my bed, and I was changing position when all of a sudden a blue spark flew out of the wire and made smoke and singed my quilt. I am FREAKING OUT, if that had happened while I was asleep I could be dead (yes, I do tend to sleep with the laptop in the bed). When I looked at the cord carefully I could see tooth marks and a frayed area, not near where the spark came out (as I know since it burned its own hole) but probably what happened is that my cat gave it a nice chew and I shorted it rolling over reading, causing a nice mini-fire inside the cable which popped out at a random location. GAH!! I have to calm down but it’s proving difficult!! Meanwhile, feel free to share your own freakouts or whatevers!