Welcome to GooglyEyedPlushToy's interview!
I would like to remind you that if you haven't done so, check your name on my original thread here.
GooglyEyedPlushToy's interview was a written interview. All answers are theirs. Minor formatting has occurred but none of the answers are edited.
Hi, I'm GooglyEyedPlushToy, a user name I came up with after falling into a googly-eyed search hole. (It was close to Halloween and I was thinking of a project involving many-eyed gourds. I found AllGoogly and my avatar instead).
I'm ancient and still manage to be immature, which I like to see as a good thing. Because if you can't still giggle at fart and poop jokes you are dead inside right? Born and raised in New York/New England, now I lurk on GT. This community has been such a boon to me. All of you are smart, funny, weird and captivating individuals. I may not comment much, but I read almost every post. I'm grateful to have found such a community.
- What's your tagline?My tag line is "Suspect everyone, trust no one." But I'm not paranoid I swear...shifty eyes.
- What's your greatest fear? Greatest fear: going completely blind.
- Dog vs CatCat, always Cat.
- Mr. Rogers vs Captain Kangaroo vs Sesame StreetOh man. All three are awesome in different ways - except for Elmo whose voice haunts my dreams. How about I choose the Magic Garden which was aWGBH show on in the 70's. (Does anyone else remember this one?)
- Team Meryl Streep or Team Emma Thompson? Team step outta the way for 2 bad ass women!
- Do you know any GTers in real life? I don't know any GT'ers in real life
- How did you find GT? I lurked on Jez for maybe a year and some commenters would mention GT so I finally looked it up.
- Favorite of your posts on GT? Lately I've been giggling like mad about BumbleBeaver's horrid house guest. I feel for you Bumble Beaver/Loki but I'm so, so glad that you are documenting your torture for all of us.
- favorite Gif
- Have you had coffee yet today? I don't drink coffee - or any caffeine actually.
- What was the last meal you ate? Ring Noodle soup with grated ginger and turmeric added.
- What would be your dream Final Meal? Final Meal would be my (dead) Grandmother's creamed chicken and her peach pie. (Actually anything my gran cooked would be awesome. I've yet to replicate the tastes myself. Probably because so much of it depends on nostalgia.)
- What would you buy with $20 at the grocery store? Right now, Halloween candy. They stocked my fave 100 Grand fun size bars this year, and those are damn tasty.
- Who is your Childhood idol? I kind of never "got" the idol thing. I was at a sleepover a billion years ago and was changing in the girl's bedroom when she suddenly squealed like a stuck pig and screeched that I shouldn't be changing in front of her picture of Shaun Cassidy (or David I never could tell them apart). I was perplexed and a little creeped out that this kid thought her idol was somehow watching her from the crap TeenBeat photo. Scarred me for life.
- Who is your Teen idol? See answer #14
- Who is your Adult idol? See answer #14
- Who is your American Idol? See answer #14
- Who is the one person you wish you could have dinner with (living or dead)? Audrey Hepburn.
- Who is the one person you wish you could have SEX with (living or dead)? Hugh Jackman...although Jason Statham is a runner-up.
- What is your favorite movie? I think The Last Emperor, although Chariots of Fire and Empire of the Sun are up there. And nothing beats Beaches for cheese factor. I cannot turn the TV off if I surf past a channel when that movie is on.
- Desert island album? A mix a friend made for me eons ago with selections ranging from Personal Jesus to Buffalo Stance. It's like snuggling up with a warm blankie, plus it's great for singing along to.
- Favorite bad song/movie/tv show/musician everyone will judge you for? I can't stop watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives even though Guy Fieri is a pustule.
- What's the last thing you bought on Amazon? I stopped buying from Amazon a year or so ago when I started reading about how they treat their workers.
- Make an animal sound. Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
- Did you actually make a sound before typing an answer to question 24? Sadly, yes.
- Favorite word? Defenestration
- What question would reveal the most about you as a person? The tag line question probably already did :)
- Are you lucky? I don't think so, although I am if you take the whole world into account.
- Place you most want to visit? I'd really like to spend time in New Zealand.
- Favorite vacation? Chilling somewhere in Maine with an ocean view
- Pretend I'mJames Lipton…
- What sound or noise do you love? anytime I hear a really sincere belly laugh.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Sirens. They're too damn loud.
- Hiddleston, Cumberbatch, GoslingFuck Cumberbatch, Marry Hiddles and Kill Gosling.
- captain america, batman, iron man Fuck Iron Man, Marry Cap and Kill Batman.
- If you could tell your younger self anything, what would you say? Don't be such a dumbass!
- How do you want to die? Quick and clean - no lingering drawn out illnesses please. And you know, getting squashed by a bus is way too messy (and traumatic for others) I'd much prefer a massive stroke in my sleep.
- If your life was a movie, who would you want to play you? I'm pretty sure if my life was a movie I'd be one of the extras so an anonymous extra.
- Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the internet? That bizarre travel ad from Scotland Mark posted yesterday. I just, I have so many questions.
- Weirdest thing to ever happen to you? Having some random guy come up to me and tell he knew someone with the same name as me who looked just like me...but wasn't me. I'm pretty sure he was in an altered state, but he was so insistent about it.
- What's the worst thing you have ever gotten away with? This is pathetic, but I killed my sib's fledgling bean plants with soy sauce in elementary school. Hers were growing faster than mine!!!
- Favorite thing to pretend to be as a child? Ballerina
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Doctor, ballerina, princess, writer. I was all over the map
- what mythical creature would you be? Gryphon I think
- Give me one question to ask the next person. I think we've got plenty of questions to choose from already!
- What is the best advice anyone has given you? Perfection is a myth.
- Favorite fruit Honeycrisp apples.