Ok, I've done enough complaining to you lovely people, so here's a few things I'm grateful for:
- In spite of everything going on, I got A's on my first two tests of the semester. I texted my mom this information and she sent me back a gazillion gold emoji stars, and it was the greatest thing ever.
- I have my first OKC date (since reactivating my account) tonight. We are going to an art gallery opening and then for drinks afterwards. I'm very excited, and I have two other guys who seem quite promising that I'm communicating with. Even if nothing comes of them, I'm stoked to be getting out and meeting people.
- My body positive efforts seem to be paying off. Even though I've gained a little weight on a new medication I'm taking, I feel much better about how I look than ever before.
- Since cutting wheat out of my diet, I feel SO much better physically. My sleep has improved, my legs don't ache in the morning, and my skin is clearing up.
- My relationship with my mom and her side of the family has been really good lately. I opened up to her about a couple of my struggles and she really heard me out and was there for me. This is a fairly new thing and it feels really good.
- I had a very successful dinner party last weekend. All of my friends that I invited showed up, and we had a stupid amount of fun drinking this apple cider sangria I made and playing cards against humanity for hours. Everybody seemed to get along famously and it was wonderful, and everyone's food they brought was awesome.
- Even though I've only had posting privs on GT for a short while, y'all have sent me so much in the way of good vibes and sage advice, both about my difficulties at home and in my romantic life, and I just wanted to say thank you. I think this is a great community and I'm very appreciative.
Your turn! What's going well for you?