I don't have the language or the tools to do this on my own because I am still just learning myself. But a dear friend's little brother just posted this (copied below if you don't want to give hits to the link) and I am offended by it but unsure how to explain how ridiculous it is. I know you guys can help.
ETA: He just responded to me with this:
"I mean a couple of the things on the list are over the top, but quite a few of them hit the nail on the head. Don't be offended, Palomitas; it makes it harder to objectively think about these things."
I might need to hulk smash something.
1. Female privilege is being able to walk down the street at night without people crossing the street because they're automatically afraid of you.
2. Female privilege is being able to approach someone and ask them out without being labeled "creepy."
3. Female privilege is being able to get drunk and have sex without being considered a rapist. Female privilege is being able to engage in the same action as another person but be considered the innocent party by default.
4. Female privilege is being able to turn on the TV and see yourself represented in a positive way. Female privilege is shows like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond where women are portrayed as attractive, competent people while men are shown as ugly, lazy slobs.
5. Female privilege is the idea that women and children should be the first rescued from any sort of emergency situation. Female privilege is saving yourself before you save others and not being viewed as a monster.
6. Female privilege is being able to decide not to have a child.
7. Female privilege is not having to support a child financially for 18 years when you didn't want to have it in the first place.
8. Female privilege is never being told to "take it like a man" or "man up."
9. Female privilege is knowing that people would take it as a gravely serious issue if someone raped you. Female privilege is being able to laugh at a "prison rape" joke.
10. Female privilege is being able to divorce your spouse when your marriage is no longer working because you know you will most likely be granted custody of your children.
11. Female privilege is being able to call the police in a domestic dispute knowing they will take your side. Female privilege is not having your gender work against where police are involved.
12. Female privilege is being able to be caring or empathetic without people being surprised.
13. Female privilege is not having to take your career seriously because you can depend on marrying someone who makes more money than you do. Female privilege is being able to be a "stay at home mom" and not seem like a loser.
14. Female privilege is being able to cry your way out of a speeding ticket.
15. Female privilege is being favored by teachers in elementary, middle and high school. Female privilege is graduating high school more often, being accepted to more colleges, and generally being encouraged and supported along the way.
16. Female privilege being able to have an opinion without someone tell you you're just "a butthurt fedora-wearing neckbeard who can't get any."
17. Female privilege is being able to talk about sexism without appearing self-serving.
18. Female privilege is arrogantly believing that sexism only applies to women.