Things I've learned from my dad's mom's latest hospital stay:
- there's always guilt for not staying long enough
- that simply watching someone's hospital stay is stressful*
- sedating someone is often kindness
- nurses who talk to the family without being prompted are a godsend
- as are doctors who don't have a snotty attitude while relaying information
- information that will always contradict whatever the doctor told my aunt two hours ago
*I never really got how a family members hospitalization could lead to a divorce until tonight, when my mother, brother, and I ended up in a knock down drag out fight over leaving the hospital early. Thankfully we've now all hugged and made up, 'cause the situation is miserable enough as is.