Source material b/c truth is stranger than fiction and this would also work as a documentary:
Now let’s talk bringing it to the small screen:
- Sarah Haskins as showrunner
- It’s a small business run by... oh, I dunno, give me someone like Tyne Daly or Beth Grant — an ambitious entrepreneur who is equal parts “America’s Mom” and Martha Stewart. She can give you a total ego boost just with her smile or cut you down with a smirk. The ultimate mom.
- The show follows her stable of “Moms” — S. Epatha Merkerson, Judith Light, Debra Jo Rup, Meredith Baxter, Mercedes Ruehl, Rosalind Chao — as they go on assignment to fulfill whatever the client’s need is that day. Their work sees them providing emotional support for everything from bad breakups to career transfers. Along the way, they also share a few tips and tricks for adulting like a boss. Story lines will include “Mother of the Bride” for one particularly deranged client and more than one holiday gathering.
- For May sweeps, we bring in a new hire from Classic TV — think Marion Ross, Florence Henderson or Phylicia Rashad — who upsets the balance and challenges the owner’s model.
- Season 3 sees a major story arc with Barry Bostwick opening a rival company specializing in “Dads” whose success is a direct threat to our entrepreneur’s bottom line.