Did y'all miss me? My boss did, she has informed me that I'm never allowed to take vacation again because everything falls apart. I think this is flattering? Or terrifying - I'm honestly not sure which.
These are some things I did while on leave (No, it was not vacation. I went home to visit my parents. I really need to go on a real vacation. Someday, it will happen.):
- I flew on a seaplane! It was only delayed seven hours! But once we finally made it on, it was awesome and a great time was had by all.
- Surprised my mother for her birthday; she only sobbed for an hour! Felt pretty proud we were able to pull it of, she's a hard one to fool.
- Turned another year older. No wiser though. Could someone let me know when that bit is supposed to kick in? Could use some right now.
- Drank a cocktail that was gin based and had both strawberries and jalapenos in it. It was delicious, and I'm officially in love.
- Enjoyed my birthday weekend about a million times more than I had expected.
- Made either the best or worst decision I've ever made. Currently TBD. Feelings are HARD, yo.
Now I am subsisting on a diet of too much coffee and not enough sleep, hoping I make it through the day. If anyone wants to donate alcohol to the Keep Jess Functional Fund (we should be getting t-shirts in 2-4 weeks) that would be awesome.
HAI GUISE I MISSEDED YOU *waves*
ETA: I forgot to mention that I brought decent weather to Houston. It was just a dab of a cool breeze, but what we take for granted during the summer in the PNW was like a breath of fresh air down in humid Houston! Pun? Intended. - Taking full and complete credit for this, sorry I'm not sorry.