I am super proud of it because I made up the recipe myself! I'm a decent cook when it comes to following recipes, but lately I've wanted to be more creative.
(Sorry for terrible picture.)
It involves parsnips, carrots, onions, coconut milk, and chicken broth. And an amalgam of spices I'm not totally sure I could replicate. Served with a dollop of Greek yogurt. I am eating it with crusty French bread and fancy olive oil.
ETA: OMG I FORGOT THE BEST PART. I got to use my immersion blender, which I bought like 4 years ago and literally have never used before this day.
ETA ETA: The recipe, since one of y'all asked :)
1. Chop up an onion. Get that sucker sauteing in butter on the stove.
2. Peel and chop ~4 parsnips.
3. Chop ~3 carrots. Don't peel because
you're lazy vitamins. Add another because you don't think it looks "orange enough."
4. Add chopped veggies and a can of coconut milk and a carton of broth of your choice to a slow cooker. (Could also do on the stove, I expect, but I don't know a good cooking time.)
5. Add some nutmeg and ginger and pepper and salt, if your broth is low sodium.
6. Let cook ~6 hours. Blend and return to slow cooker.
7. Season to taste. I ended up adding more salt, nutmeg, and ginger. I also squeezed in a lemon for some brightness.
8. Eat when you're hungry. I'd estimate this at 6-8 servings.