Spoilers ahoy, darlings!
I MEAN IT! SPOILERS!!
PETE AND FUCKING TRUDY?!
Guys, I cannot even process this glorious event.
As usual, please feel free to talk about whatever you’d like! I am still kind of in shock that we only have one episode left. SOBS. Here are some of my thoughts:
1) Ok, OBVIOUSLY we need to talk about Betty and the big C.
2) Jesus christ, did those VFW guys hit Don with a fucking phone book?! WHO DOES THAT?
3) This episode needed considerably more Roger.
4) Is this legit the first time we’ve seen Pete like actually parenting that little girl of his?
5) “The Campbells of Wichita” needs to be a Dynasty-esque spin-off. Please, AMC?
6) Line that broke my heart: “Why was I ever doing it?”
7) I could have easily died happy without ever seeing fucking DUCK ever again, thanks anyhow, Matt Weiner.
8) That pie looked pretty good for something a toddler made. You go, Tammy!
9) “The episode’s title is taken from a familiar phrase from hobo lore (it was even used as the name of a 1931 book on the subject) referring to railroad lines that offered better food options for men on the move.” — From HitFix’s re-cap. Huh. I assumed it referred to “milk and honey” in heaven re: Dead Betty. (Which I keep hearing to the tune of this because I’m a terrible person).
10) I was weirdly delighted that Don was reading The Godfather.
Have at thee, GT! Only one more week. As usual, here is Tom and Lorenzo’s take. And you already have the Hit Fix recap.
Read more at