In the past I have had an issue with an internet stalker and was frustrated when I could not block him or his friends from viewing my LinkedIn profile, even if my profie was set to private & locked down as much aspossible. I just received this e-mail from LinkedIn and thought I was share in the event anyone else would like to utilize this new feature.
We're contacting you because our records indicate that you recently submitted a Customer Service ticket regarding the ability to block members.
We wanted to take a moment and follow up on that request to let you know that we now offer a blocking option.
To block a member from viewing your profile:
- Go to the profile of the person you'd like to block.
- Move your cursor over the down arrow next to the button in the top section of the member's profile.
- Select Block or report next to the member's name.
- Choose to block the member.
- Click Continue.
- On the next screen, click Agree to confirm your action.
Please also feel free to learn more about blocking in our Help Center.
Thank you for using LinkedIn!