It's 1pm and I'm still in my nightgown.

Last night I wrote about weird shit with Little GV's friend's mom. Shit got weirder. Originally, I was going to walk the girls home from school. Then I texted her asking if it was OK to take the girls to see the Hobbit. That earned me a phone call with K (Little's friend) on the phone telling me she has a class from 7:00-9:30pm. On a Friday. For an 11yo. With her dad's voice in the background. le sigh. Still no contact with the mom. This was as of about 9pm last night. I just received a message from Little and now we're apparently on for after school again. Dafuq?

I've also written about my 94yo grandmother with dementia who recently had surgery after breaking her hip. She's been at the rehab facility for about a week after a week in the hospital. Today I received a call from them that she isn't likely to make the desired progress and can I come in more often (I'm already there about 5x/wk to visit) to help out during PT? If I can't they're going to discharge her back to the memory care facility where she lives and home health is supposed to come in to help out. Unfortunately, I don't think they're as available as the daily PT she gets right now and I worry that this will result in her becoming wheelchair bound or bedridden and I really don't want that to happen. Other than dementia and recovering from a broken hip her health is really good and she could be stuck for years. I still need to call both facilities to figure out how this is going to work. I know it looks like the rehab facility is putting a lot on me, but she can't remember simple commands during PT and realistically they can't keep her there indefinitely. I get that bit. I just don't feel up for all this and I need to figure out how I'm going to take care of myself through it. I've already put my life on hold for two weeks - the halls of Chez GV are still decked - but it's hard to figure out how to take a break when one is unemployed and theoretically has all the time in the world. Ugh.