I'm seriously considering joining OKCupid. I know a lot of you use it. However, it's quite (sorta) early here, and I tend to have half-baked ideas in the morning. But in all seriousness, I need advice about this. I would like to date more (I've only been on one date in my life), and I just think it would help me get over my fear of talking to guys. I haven't visited the site, but I have some ideas I would put down as 'interests' and a bit of an idea of what I would say about me. Here are my 'musts'. Warning: contains smoking, please don't crucify me about that!
- Lives close to my location (Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Bel-air, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, or even my town-I just kinda gave away my neighborhood here).
- Smoker. Yes, I smoke. My bad.
- Enjoys watching movies-foregin, blockbusters, action, anything based on comic books, comedies. Anything but sappy rom-coms.
- Educated and witty.
- Good sense of humor, a bit goofy.
- Likes to read. Specifically Hunter S. Thompson, etc. Able to tolerate my obsession with Hunter S. Thompson.
- Age between 22-25. I like older guys, but not anyone that could be as old as my dad.
- Occasional drinker, but not to the point of excess. Also likes champagne. Or whatever.
- Likes the cocktail scene rather than the techno rave scene.
- DRUG USERS NEED NOT APPLY.
- No assholes.
- Keeps up with current events.
- Good conversationalist.
- Kind and compassionate.
- Tolerant of someone who is awkward and kinda terrified of intimacy. And patient and understanding of that. I'm not a virgin-TMI-but I haven't really done anything relating to sex in 4 years. Because I freaked out during my first time. Also able to like a 'goody two shoes'
- Would be understanding of someone in therapy (not going to tell him that off the bat).
- Likes history, literature, et al.
- Will be able to understand I'm a full time student in college.
- No deadbeats. Would like someone who is ambitious and driven, with a job. Not to the point of narcissism or being a total dick.
- If he looks like my famous guy crushes, that would be cool. But looks aren't everything.
- NOT A CREEP/STALKER/SERIAL KILLER.
- Cultured and likes to travel.
Are these too specific? Are these unreasonable? Are there guys like this out there? And if I don't like him, how do I tell him to step to the left? That's VV speak for back the hell off. What are your experiences?
Is there a group of Jezzies that live in the LA area and meet up regularly? I heard there is such a group, but I have no idea where to find it. I'd love to hang out with y'all!