First, 5-ish Unsolicited Opinions:
- I am not fond of the writing of Haruki Murakami, Jonathan Franzen, or Dave Eggers.
- Before you think I am making a principled stand against Writers Dudes Like, I have to admit that I like David Foster Wallace and Roberto Bolano. So.
- Bread and butter pickles are gross.
- Anchovies are not gross, despite popular opinion. Also see: fish sauce and well-cooked tripe.
- I have a soft spot for curmudgeons and grumpy people. I don’t mind pretentious people that much, either. As long as they’re not boring and they put in an effort.
I am going to to run off and do stuff. This is the post equivalent of farting in a crowded elevator immediately before exiting it.