(I’m copying from an email I was sent. I think its unlikely to work, but I think it is worth a try. Even if we don’t succeed in keeping Bannon out of the White House, making a visible show that Bannon is not an okay appointment is still a worthwhile thing to do.)
“Friends, let’s seek a tactical victory this week. Let’s stop the appointment of white supremacist Steve Bannon as chief strategist of the White House. President-elects have had to back down on appointments before, for comparatively minor reasons. Let’s not assume this is a done deal.
1) If you live in the US, call your Senators and Representatives and Senators and tell them this is unacceptable. Note that the Senate must approve Cabinet appointments: http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
2) Paul Ryan is feigning ignorance again. Call his office at (202) 225-3031 and let him know that this is not ok. Same with Majority Leader McConnell, (202) 224-2541
3) Call out the media when they report the Bannon appointment as a straight news story or refer to him as a “Breitbart executive” or a “provocateur,” but don’t call him what he is: a white supremacist, anti-Semite, and misogynist. Don’t let them normalize.
4) Where protests are ongoing, make this a focus, with signs, chants, etc. Speak out on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
5) Reach out to any groups you know that might join this effort, from religious groups to community organizations.
6) Contact other people of influence—College presidents, high-profile coaches and anyone else who has a public megaphone — and ask them to speak out against Bannon’s appointment.
7) Sign and share this petition from the Southern Poverty Law Center: …”