Amnesty International UK has a campaign about a pair of bills currently making their way through the Iranian Parliament.
First: The Comprehensive Population and Exaltation of Family Bill (Bill 315)
If Bill 315 becomes law, women and girls will be:
- Denied equal rights in employment, divorce and family relations
- Not protected from domestic abuse or violence in any form
- Favoured if they reconcile with their abusers
- Constrained in their aspirations according to gender stereotypes defined by the state.
And second: The Bill to Increase Fertility Rates and Prevent Population Decline (Bill 446)
If Bill 446 becomes law, women and girls will be:
- Denied access to modern contraception
- Denied sex education if they don't pay for access to extra information
- Stopped from learning how to protect their physical and mental health when it comes to sexual and familial relationships
- Obliged to carry unsafe or unwanted pregnancies to term
- Forced to seek dangerous and illegal abortions in secret.
Check out Amnesty's campaign at the link below: