Reading the child rearing article on the mainpage made me think back to some creative punishments by my dear mother, who was the only non yeller in my house.
- When I fought with my brother, we had to wear my dad's big shirt together, sit in the fireplace, and hug for a set amount of time (she set an egg timer).
- I would never put away my laundry after she did it (you will notice a recurring theme with this), so once she threw it out my seconds tory bedroom window onto snow.
- If I forgot to lock the door when I left the house, she would lock me out for an hour.
- If I forgot to feed the dog, I would have to make my own meal while everyone else ate her home cooked meal.
- One time she gave most of my clothes to Goodwill because I did not put them away after laundry.
- I got glitter all over her art/studio area so she put glitter on top of my ceiling fan and I was covered in it for weeks.
- If I overslept she would set my toddler siblings on my face to wake me up.
- She gave my favorite dress to my best friend because I left it bunched on the floor (my friend used to like to participate in my punishments).
- If I left dirty dishes in the sink (when I was older and would stay up late and eat at night), I would wake up to them on my bed.
I am sure I will come up with some more.