I just got an email from my property manager that we have to tell her whether we're renewing the lease by the 31st.

...What? Our lease is up 6/30. Is it just me, or is this absurdly soon to have to decide for sure on this? I'm waiting for news on some external circumstances that will affect my decision, so I'm not ready to commit one way or the other.

How far in advance do you guys typically have to renew?