So, I mentioned before that my family owns a gorgeous house in the Italian countryside. Pending my parents permission, I will be posting the site later today. Quick poll on who would want to have a wonderful trip! Of course this is shameless self promotion.
Some quick details:
- Summer: warm and wonderful!
- Winter: Snow. Pristine snow.
- Renovated. It was built in the late 19th century, but has brand new appliances and four bedrooms. All brand new!
- Did I mention it has a pool? And a place where you can wash your clothes?
- An authentic forno. That's a pizza oven. A real one. The locals will help you make pizza!
- Friendly locals. You can probably get a few names from my parents. Helps to have an Italian phrase book-but some of them can speak English! Also some expats.
- A garden. And "vineyard". I think.
- Right next to a national park. A legit one. Like, it's the backyard. Has a hiking trail.
- The town is so cute and small. Has a beautiful church, and a wonderful cafe. Pretty much untouched since the 1960s or something. But the house has wifi (I think) and there's an internet cafe.
- Lots of other towns to explore.
- Did I mention that they make all their own food? Think people that will open their homes to you to fill you up with authentic Prosciutto and other delicious food.
- Two hours from the Adriatic. Where you can sun like a European. So lovely!
Truly a magic place. Literally. Stories about soothsayers.
I had to share this with y'all. We love to have people experience Italy like us. Like the locals. (We're Irish but whatever-Italians love everyone).