The votes are in! It was a close race, but Sunday November 24th is our winner. Mark your calendars!
Now for the important details:
- We'll be watching the second episode, The Blind Banker. Use Netflix, Amazon Instant, dvd, blu-ray, whatever ya got to watch
- Start time will be 6:15pm PST with the chatroom opening at 5:30pm to give everyone a chance to introduce themselves, have a laugh and some social time before we begin.
- Our chat medium is Chatzy. I'll post a link to the exclusive (faaaancy) chatroom on Groupthink on the Viewing Party Day so that you can enter. Just click on the link, sign in with your Groupthink name, and chat away.
- If you can, please either sign in with Facebook or an email address. Literally any functioning email address will do, make one up just for Sherlock Viewing Parties. We have 10 "free" spaces that don't require you to provide any personal information at all and I figure those should be saved for the truly paranoid (I heart my tinfoil hat wearing peoples).
- Chatzy does not spam your email or Facebook. I've been signed up with them since last week and I've gotten zero emails from them. I didn't even get a "confirmation" email. Nada. Zip.
- A plus for signing in with Facebook/an email address is that you can post gifs that pop up in the chat window! If you use a "free" space, your gifs will pop up as links only.
- ANYONE CAN JOIN IN! Even if you didn't vote for a day, even if you've never seen Sherlock, even if you didn't come last time, DON'T CURRR. Show up and chat and be silly.
- I would suggest watching the first episode, if only to familiarize yourself with the characters. But also because it's AWESOME.
- IF YOU ARE NEW TO SHERLOCK, please let us know. No spoilers allowed!
- Oh, and per Erudita Vanitas, wear or drink something thematically appropriate as tribute, and share what that is.
I think that about does it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please ask in the comments. There is no question too small or too big. And yes, there will be annoying reminder posts so you don't forget :)
See you all there!