Talk to me about smells.
What scents do you enjoy that are general essences, herbs, flowers, stuff you would find as an essential oil?
What are your favorite perfumes, colognes, body sprays, after shaves?
Favorite food oriented smells?
Smells you enjoy that aren’t typically seen as super pleasant?
What smells do you dislike?
What’s a smell that’s attached to a specific happy memory for you?
1. Rose, lavender, peppermint, amber, and sage. Most citrusy stuff too- I have been diffusing grapefruit and sage oils together lately in my oil diffuser and it’s quite refreshing.
2. Too, too many. I’ve lusted after Hermès L’Ambre des Merveilles for so long, but I’ve talked myself out of buying it several times due to cost. Right now I’m wearing Balenciaga Rosabotanica, which is a departure for me, because I typically like deep, heavy, spicy, woodsy scents.
3. Garlic and onions cooking in a pan always get me. I’m salivating thinking about it.
4. Gasoline and tattoo aftercare ointment.
5. Gardenia, ugh. Reminds me too much of scented tampons. Not a big fan of anything resembling baby powder either, or most men’s colognes tbh, which I think has more to do with the way most men I’ve know have applied them (i.e. drenched in it).
6. Popcorn reminds me of my aunt I was very close to who passed away when I was young. It was one of the first things she taught me how to make on my own in an air popper we used to have. Making stovetop popcorn always makes me smile thinking about her and how incredibly awesome she was.