We've got a yellow-naped Amazon parrot who's been in my family for over 30 years, and I'm on death watch right now because goddamnit I was so dumb. I made a quesadilla for lunch in a nonstick skillet, and left the burner on until I noticed a slight smokiness in our open-plan kitchen/lr/dr area. I have no doubt the teflon released toxins, because I can feel it in my chest, so I'm scared. :(
Every window is open, fans are on, etc, but man, this is so bad. Dumb dumb dumb.
ETA: Bird seems fine, he's been playing, talking a little, just normal bird stuff... so yay, I'm not a killer! Maybe? As far as we know?