Welcome To The Bitchery
Welcome To The Bitchery

Stupid questions post

Feel free to ask your questions here and the collective intelligence of GT can probably answer them!

Here’s mine. How do I know if I am allergic to penicillin? Like actually allergic to it? I remember when I was about 9 taking it (I was on it all the time as a kid between strep throat and ear infections and sinus infections) and one day my mouth felt swollen and weird. So we just went with the logic that I developed an allergy to it and can’t have it anymore.

Advertisement

But I still eat bleu cheese. I cut the moldy part off hard cheese and eat it. If I have a tray of blueberries and one is moldy, I just throw it away and all the ones around it and still eat the rest.

So, am I not allergic to penicillin? Or is it that the molds in the things I have eaten just aren’t the molds related to penicillin?

Share This Story

Get our newsletter