Good evening, GT. Some of the craziness from the week!
- Our thin-skinned Cheeto leader isn’t going to attend Nerd Prom aka the WH Correspondents’ Dinner. Not that I’m surprised. Actually, I’m so not surprised that I won’t even link to a story about it because that is literally the story.
- ICE agents seem to be enjoying the ‘benefits’ of Trump’s immigration EO and are ready to start kicking out all those bad hombres. ::sigh::
- Trump’s cabinet keeps having to go and clean up after their boss. Apparently (like, in the most literal sense of the word because it’s truly that damn obvious) Trump’s secretaries find themselves time and again backpedaling, softening, or straight up contradicting their fearless leader. NATO, immigration, Israel - you name it - if the Cheeto has said something about it, people are scrambling to put out the fires.
- Tom Perez is the new DNC chair! While many in the Ellison camp (like me) were disappointed with the loss, having him on as Vice-Chair is a great sign, and overall, folks seem encouraged. Now here’s hoping the two of them can help get the message and party back on track to being truly competitive and revved up again!
- The two women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam in Kuala Lumpur claim that they thought they were just pulling a prank. Because we all totally believe that. And North Korea is also denying involvement in the assassination. Also believable.
- The Oscars are tonight! I’m just really rooting for Moonlight. Not holding my breath though.
- Onika Tanya Maraj, aka Nicki Minaj, was killed yesterday by Remy Ma after shots were fired on the diss track shETHER. Minaj is survived by her Barbie stans and her brother.