This is pretty much a follow-up from me asking about your haircare routine.
I must be going through something major subconsciously, it’s the only way I can explain this massive overhaul and turning my bathroom into Sephora. I’ve completely fallen down the skincare rabbit hole again, after years of being satisfied with just Cetaphil cleanser, a sugar scrub a few times a week, sunscreen during the day and moisturizer at night. Now my routine has turned into this monstrosity.
- The Face Shop Herb Day Cleansing Wipes (Evening only)
- The Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing Oil (Evening only)
- The Face Shop Rice Water Foaming Cleanser
- Freeman Charcoal Black Sugar Scrub (1-2x a week)
- Thayers Witch Hazel and Rose Toner
- Tony Moly Intense Galactomyces Lite Essence
- Dermal Sheet Mask (1-2x a week) (Evening only)
- Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel (Evening only)
- Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
- Scinic All In One Honey Ampoule
- Skin Food Salmon Brightening Eye Cream
- Ponds Moisturizer (Evening only. It’s classic and it works just fine!)
- Neutrogena Clear Block Sunscreen in SPF 55 (Morning only)
I’m breaking out because of hormones right now, and I always know that’s what it is since it’s the same spots every damn month. But I have to say that the parts of my skin that are not my stupid hormonal jawline does look and feel fantastic since the overhaul. One day I expect to look like this.
So tell me about your skincare routine. I know we talk products a lot, but I’d really love to know your process from start to finish. Is anyone else completely vain and neurotic?
One more note: I have found my absolute favorite beauty blog. It’s The Beauty Brains, which is actually run by two cosmetic chemists. They don’t really do much in the way of recommendations like traditional beauty bloggers, but I love reading about the science of how products work or don’t work.