You answered my questions with your thoughtful recommendations & I took your advice to heart. You killed it & also made me a better person :) Sooo, very lovely & appreciated.
I’m not going to specify any one thing anyone recommended; just gonna hope you know:)
I also want you to know that “Slime” was high on my list but I ultimately decided that a) she may have outgrown it & b) it is expensive to buy outright & home making a kit is just as costly. I wanted to put money elsewhere:)
What’s wrapped & ready to go, in order of wrapping times. I jotted down a list as I wrapped:
- Candy, cookies, microwave popcorn, chips & hot chocolate mix. I thought twice about the junk food, but ultimately said, “Yea! Christmas junk food!” (all in one box)
- Glitter pens & glitter paint.
- Bath & Body Works scented lotion.
- Watercolor paint set (not middle school, adult style; 12 color cakes in a metal box) water pan palette & brushes.
- “Hidden Figures” book; Young Reader edition.
- “Totally Irresponsible Book of Science”
- “You Can Draw It All!” book. I thought she, like my young self, would love a tutorial on how to draw stuff since she’s drawing stuff anyway.
- Chinese Brush Painting set....boxed. So lovely. 2 brush handles with 8 brush heads. Ceramic water bowl & brush holder. Black Ink block. 7 tubes of watercolor paint. Tutorial book & paper.
- Watercolor Paper pad & Sketch pad.
- MICROSCOPE!!! This one was difficult & you all came through with excellent advice. I opened it up to look at it & loved it. Packed extra batteries. ETA a peekture:
Lego: Chain Reaction:
* Monopoly & Jenga games
* Sports bra & socks
* Justice Outfit; the Justice logo is sparkly, plus kitten leggings & a kitty t~shirt
* Knitting loom kit from the 5Below store, for a headband with a floof & fingerless gloves, which will match her Justice clothes.
* 20 piece drawing pencil set, all grades of lead & charcoal & blending nubs & sharpener.
I made a side bag for her parents to include a note & receipts & extra batteries & extra yarn. I’m tempted to put cash in a card for holiday dinner but I’m afraid it might get pinched, so, probably a Visa gift card instead even though it will subtract $4.95 in fees. Mr 4th was totally on board & gave me his credit card to pay for more than half.
Thank you, times a billion, from the depths of my heart for your excellent help & advice, GT.
I can always count on you. *LOVE!*